【生活】The Avenue


  When I was a college student, I liked to go to the Avenue of the Humanities and Science. The atmosphere of this avenue made me calm yet energized. In the middle of the avenue lay a patch of long, narrow, and green grass. I liked to look at the grass because the extensive view of the grass made me feel less stressful. Surrounding the piece of grass, a long, gentle, and straight ramp was built. I enjoyed walking on the ramp, for it was wide enough to walk leisurely and feel relaxed. Beside the two sides of the ramp stood two lines of luxuriant, old, and tall trees. The growing leaves of the trees almost linked together and covered the sky, so the connected parts made the avenue like a green tunnel. When I walked under this green tunnel, I felt comfortable and safe. There were several elegant, ancient, Japanese classrooms behind the trees. A lot of students played and talked loudly there. I didn’t think it was noisy, nor did I feel anxious. Instead, I felt lively because the sound that they made sounded like a pleasant background music. Above to the avenue, the sunshine sprinkled on the ground. The sunshine was filtered by leaves and lit up the avenue. People who walked there avoided to be exposed by the sun, yet I liked to pass through the sunshine. It seemed that I was charged up by the sunshine, so I felt energetic. To sum up, the avenue with the calm and energetic atmosphere was my most important place when I was in college.

This entry was posted in by Unknown. Bookmark the permalink.